Thursday 7 July 2011

Raid on Tlaxtlan - 3k Games vs Lizardmen

This is a 3k game I played against a lizardmen player who used a skink/monster list. I loved this game as it was so different to what you normally play and his army was superbly painted.

Army List
Warriors of Chaos:
Sorcerer Lord
Level 2 Sorcerer
BSB
Exulted Hero

21 Nurge Warriors with Banner of Rage
50 Marauders with Mark of Khorne
2 units of 5 dogs
21 Chosen of Khonre
2 Units of 5 Knights, both with mark of khonre
Warshrine with mark of tzeentch
Hellcannon


Lizardmen:
Slaan
Engine of the Gods

60 Skinks with 5 Kroxigors
2 Units of 10 Skinks
4 Stegadons
1 Ancient Stegadon
3 Terradon Riders
2 Salamanders


Deployment

The Chosen get +1 toughness and the Black Legion takes the 1st turn.


Warriors Turn 1
Everything moves up apart from the hellcannon which takes a pop shot at a stegadon, killing a few skinks and taking a wound of it.
The dogs on my left move to distract his skinks from my hellcannon
Magic sees Withering cast on his Engine of the Gods and Enfeebling cast on stegadon (S1)
My warshrine gives my warriors +1 Armour Save


Lizardmen Turn 1
His skinks move round and attack my dogs and knights with blowpipes, killing 3 dogs and a knight
Everything Else moves up slightly
Magic phase sees 2 dogs die and 3 warriors also lose their lives to the engine of the gods.


Warriors Turn 2
The hellcannon gets angry and rampages
My knights on my right attempt to charge his steagdon but fail
My dogs in the centre to block his stegadon and engine from charging my warriors
My other dogs keep his skinks busy
And my knights continue to push round the flanks
My chosen move up so that if his stegadon charges my knights they will get flanked.

Lizardmen Turn 2
His block of skinks and kroxigors charge my warriors, the terradons fly over my dogs to drop rocks but fluff there attacks killing none and the stegs move on around my dogs.
Magic sees both enfeebling and withering dispelled but that’s it
The engine kills the remaining dogs and does a wound to my warriors but that’s it
His salamanders cook a couple of knights
In combat my warriors want to attacks his krox’s but apparently cant so they squish a few skinks
They take a hammering back but win combat and his skinks hold with steadfast.



Warriors Turn 3
My marauders charge his stegadon (S1) and my knights charge the other stegadon.
Magic sees withering cast on his stegadon (S1) but its dispelled and so enfeebling is cast on it instead. Shooting sees my hellcannon shoot at his salamanders but it scatters wide
My marauders kill the stegadon and over run into the next, killing it and over running into the next however they have taken a bit of a beating loosing 10 so far.



Lizardmen Turn 3
His Stegadons charge my marauders while the engine charges my warshrine
The terradons move to harass the knights moving round on his flank and his slaan moves round to get out of charge range from the knights
Shooting phase sees his salamanders shoot at my chosen killing 2
In the magic phase he casts speed of light but it’s dispel scrolled and then tries to cast time warp but I dispel it
I combat my marauders take all the stegadons down to 1 wound each so take a beating from the thunder stomps but im steadfast and so hold. The Engine fails to wound the warshrine (yay for T6) and my warshrine kills his skink priest wins combat by 1 but the stegadon holds due to the slaan being near by.



Warriors Turn 4
My knights charge his terradons which flee, my chosen charge his salamanders which also flees and my hellcannon charges his stegadon.
My magic phase sees the ancient stegadon’s toughness reduced by 3 and the enfeebling is cast on the korxigors which reduced their strength by 3
In combat my marauders finish off the rest of the stegadons while the warshrine warshrine and hellcannon both fail to wound the engine and the combat is a draw. The marauders reform to face the engine.



Lizardmen Turn 4
The terradons rally and move out of the way of the knights. The salamanders also rally and turn to face the chosen. The skinks turn to charge the back of my warriors which are now consisting of a standard bearer, champion and my sorcerer lord.
Magic phase sees everything he cast dispelled
In combat my hellcannon takes a wound and the engine is un-touched, I lose by 1 but everything holds.


Warriors Turn 5
My marauders charge the engine. My knights and chosen move up to charge the now cornered salamanders.
Magic sees me try cast melkot’s on his engine with irresistible force, and so I lose the rest of my power dice and so he dispels enfeebling on the kroxigors
Combat sees the engine fall the the marauders while my warrior standard bearer dies to the kroxigors, leaving only my champion and sorcerer lord.


Lizardmen Turn 5
The terradons move to right the flank of the marauders while the slaan jumps over to their left flank
In the magic phase he casts Banishment on the hellcannon which he manages to kill.
In combat his roles are terrible and his kroxigors only kils my champion leaving my sorcerer lord to fight off his krox’s.


Warriors Turn 6
My knights charge his salamanders that hold and my chosen reform to support my centre (I forgot it was turn 6 and thought I still had another turn to go).
The warshrine moves to deny points and the marauders move into a better position
My magic phase sees everything dispelled
My sorcerer lord somehow survives the combat phase against the krox’s and my knights win combat against his salamanders which they pursue off the board.



Lizardmen Turn 6
His slaan and terradons charge my marauders (now only 5 left with an exulted)
In the magic phase he casts speed of light which I fail to dispel but he then fails to cast time warp
In combat my sorcerer lord finally dies to a kroxigor (there are only 3 skinks and 2 kroxigors left by now), My marauders survive the combat against the terradons and slaan and hold denying him 500points




In the end it’s a marginal victory for me winning by 125 points due to my massive point denial by the marauders, chosen and knights and the fact that I killed his engine which was a huge points gain for me.
I think I played pretty well against this guy and I love the new rules for steadfast otherwise I would have been destroyed
Marauders are just awesome with great weapons and I think I have finally understood what dogs are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment