Wednesday 6 July 2011

2k Warriors vs Dark Elves

Ok so my 1st battle report is a 2k game against dark elves. The game was very fun with my opponent doing many unexpected manoeuvres and charges. His army was supposed to be a khanite army however he used black guard instead of executioners and had a sorcerer.

Anyway, onto the lists

Warriors of Chaos
Level 4 sorcerer (shadows)
Level 2 sorcerer (tzeentch)
Battle Standard

50 Marauders with great weapons and mark of khorne (M)
21 Warriors with halbers and mark of khorne (W1)
21 warriors with halberds, mark of nurgle and banner of rage (W2)
2 units of 5 dogs (WH1 and WH2)
Warshrine with mark of tzeentch (WS)

Dark Elves
Crone Hellebron
Level 2 Sorceress
Battle Standard (Master)

50 Witch Elves (WE)
20 Black Guard (BG)
5 Shades (not shown as we forgot about these guys the entire game)
Hydra (H)
2 Bolt Throwers (B1 and B2)


Deployment
I win the roll to decide who goes 1st and let him deploy his units 1st
He sets up his witch elves 1st on his far left. I counter this with a unit of dogs and my khorne warriors. His black guard are placed in the centre just slightly to his left of the tower in the centre. I put my nurgle warriors opposite his black guard however I realise later that it is not possible to manoeuvre round the tower to attack them. His bolt throwers are placed on the hill on his deployment zone so I decide to place my dogs and warshrine to put pressure on them while my marauders go after his hydra (how bad can it be). His shades are deployed on my left flank but we forgot about them the entire game

My sorcerer lord and bsb go in the nurgle unit while my tzeentch sorcerer goes with the marauders.
Hellebron goes with the witch elves, bsb in black guard and sorcerer standing around in the back




Warriors Turn 1
I win 1st turn and decide to go 1st.
Everything moves up as far as possible. My warriors move round the left hand side of the tower to move around onto his black guard. Magic gives my 4 power dice to 3 dispel, however he gets +1 dispel dice (from some item) and I channel so it’s 5 vs 4. I cast enfeebling on his hydra with irresistible. I reduce it’s strength by 3 and roll a 10 on this miss cast table, reducing it to a 8 with the puppet. Warshrine gives my nurgle warriors (and general) +1Ld.


Dark Elves Turn 1
His turn sees his hydra charge my marauders and everything else moves up. His black guard go round the other side of the tower to my warriors so I have both black guard and witches face off against my khorne warriors. He casts mind razor on his hydra with irresistible force (probably should have checked range but never mind). His wizard suffers a wound as a result.
His bolt throwers kill 3 dogs in the centre and the other misses the dogs on my right.
Combat sees his hydra trample all over my marauders and only takes 1 wound back. But they are steadfast so hold.



Warriors Turn 2
My khorne warriors attempt to charge his black guard but fail by 1”. However this is where my master stroke came in. My dogs move up to block his witch elves from charging the warriors and so forcing them to charge the dogs, effectively taking them out of the game for 4 turns. My other unit of warriors move inside the tower. My dogs and warshrine move up to put pressure on the bolt throwers.
Magic is again 3,1 with him channelling giving him 5 dispel to my 4 power.
I attempt to cast melkoth’s on the black guard but it’s dispelled
Combat sees more marauders die and the hydra take 2 more wounds




Dark Elves Turn 2
His black guard charge my warriors and his witch elves charge the dogs.
His magic phase seems him with 7 power to my 4 dispel
I throws them all at mind razor which is promptly dispel scrolled
Shooting sees the rest of my dogs in centre die
In combat my dogs are killed and the witch elves over run 9” due to frenzy. The warriors take a beating from the black guard however when I strike back its even worse with only 7 black guard and his bsb remaining but they are stubborn so hold. The hydra is now down to S2 as enfeebling is still in play and mind razor is now gone so I only loose a few guys and take the hydra down to its last wound.



Warriors Turn 3
My warriors move out of the building and face the back of his witch elves, planning to charge them next turn. The warshrine moves up to charge a bolt thrower next turn.
Magic gives me 3,1 again (3 time in a row) so 4 vs 4. I throw all my dice at melkot’s on the black guard which he fails to dispel reducing there WS and I by 1. Shooting gives my nurgle warriors +1 Armour save from the warshrine.
In combat my marauders finally kill the hydra and the black guard a killed to a man leaving only the bsb who holds as although I had like 15 wounds he only had like 8 guys left and as he killed 5 of my guys so he only lost by 3.



Dark Elves Turn 3
His witches reform and that’s all for movement.
His magic phase is ok. He attempts to reduce the I of my warriors but I dispel it. He casts pit of shades with irresistible, killing the wizard and doing nothing with pit of shades as it scattered.
His bolt throwers take shots at my warshrine which shrugs them off.
In combat I forget the my warriors have halberds and so I fail to kill the bsb with a 1+ save and he loses by 1 but holds.


Warriors Turn 4
My warriors charge his witch elves and warshrine charges a bolt thrower while my marauders move up to help on right.
Magic gives me 3,1 again (4 time in a row) but I channel so 5 vs 4. I throw 3 at reducing the S of the witch elves witch he dispels with crone. So I throw 2 at the high level version of melkoth’s and succeed with irresistible force, reducing the WS and I of the witches by 3.
Combat sees the bsb die at last.
Crone decides not to attack my sorcerer lord (not to sure why) but to go for the unit killing 5 of them. My sorcerer attacks and kills crone (who has no save which is insane). My warriors kill about 18 witches and only lose 3 in return thanks to a 3+save.
I win combat, witches hold



This is actually the final turn as we had to go but it was a massacre.
I didn’t lose 1 unit or character (other than the dogs) while the dark elves had only 30 witches, a bolt thrower and 5 shades left with all their characters killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment